Collegiate Science & Technology Entry Program (CSTEP)
CSTEP is a student success initiative designed to provide transfer students from underrepresented groups with the support needed to succeed in college.
What can CSTEP do for you?
- Access to small group tutorials or supplemental instruction in biology, chemistry, physics, calculus, and pre-professional, pre-requisite courses at the freshman and sophomore levels, and tutoring for higher level courses at the junior and senior levels.
- Potential stipends ranging from $500 per semester to $3000/year for conducting research with a faculty member and satisfactory academic progress.
- Workshops on career planning and educational opportunities in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, health-related fields, and the licensed professions.
- Program services and activities that include: personalized academic advisement, free summer workshops and/or courses, free review for licensing examinations.
- The opportunity to participate in a CSTEP Day of Service in the local community. These events are meant to both bring a highlight to the experience of CSTEP students in education for the licensed professions, scientific, and technical fields, and to provide an opportunity to showcase community collaboration in utilizing the skills learned in their academic college experience.
Who can apply?
- City Tech full-time, student enrolling in a major in the sciences, technology, engineering or mathematics or leading to a NY State licensed profession (see attached list of eligible majors in the application)
- New York State Resident
- Member of an underrepresented group - African American, Latino/Hispanic, Native American descent or economically disadvantaged according to NYSED guidelines (see table in the application)
- Not in ASAP or SEEK