- City Tech Reopening Plan
- Nursing Department Reopening Plans A and B
- Plans for iTEC and the V217 and G600 Student Labs
- Chemistry Department Re-Opening Plan
- Division of Continuing Education Re-Opening Plan
- Biological Sciences Department Re-Opening Plan
- Law & Paralegal Studies Department Re-Opening Plan
- Restorative Dentistry Department Re-Opening Plan
- Dental Hygiene Department Re-Opening Plan
- Humanities Department Re-Opening Plan
- Business Department/Vision Care Technology Re-Opening Plan
- Enrollment Management and Student Affairs Reopening Plan
- Reopening Learning Center
- Reopening Academic Building
- Reopening Library
- Reopening Hospitality Management Laboratories
- What to do before coming on Campus
Reopening Learning Center
|Prepared by:||Judith Rockway|
|Phone:||631-356-8884 (cell phone)|
|Department:||Atrium Learning Center|
|Phase||Phase 3 (Fall 2021)|
Location(s) of Use
|Building||Room Number||Description||# of Staff and Plan||Max # of Students|
|Library||L-18||Computer Lab||2 FWS and 1 CAT per hour on a rotating basis||18- 23 PC Lab 5 MAC Lab|
|Library||L-18L||Office||Director on a rotating basis||N/A|
|Library||L-18Q||Office||Assistant Director on a rotating basis||N/A|
|Library||L-18E||Office||IT Assistant on a daily basis||N/A|
Days and Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Basic Infection Prevention and Social Distancing Measures
The items listed below will be implemented to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
|Infection and Social Distancing Measures||Notes|
Instructions on how to use Everbridge app will be provided for students in the reservation system for the lab and employees when hired or returning to campus.
Lab protocols will be given to all students and employees.
The department head will submit a work order in ARCHBUS for regular cleaning and disinfecting of the lab.
All of this information will be included in the lab protocol given to students and employees.
The department head will work with Campus Facilities to ensure that the computer stations are 6 feet apart.
The department head will work with Campus Facilities to ensure signs or floor markings are placed at the entrance of the center and in the lab.
The department head will submit a work order for plexiglass to be installed at the front desk of the computer lab.
Although most students have access to the internet and devices to complete their studies, some students may occasionally have a problem with their broadband service or computer. They also may not be that familiar with the technologies used in their courses, which necessitates the need to open the computer lab. Some students may need access to knowledgeable computer tutors who can assist them. Others might need to complete assignments in a dedicated, quiet place for studying with reliable internet service, computers, printers, and specialized software. The lab will be available for individual use only; no group projects will be permitted. If students need to use headsets, they will be asked to provide their own.
Since ITEC’s V217 lab will be open from Monday to Thursday from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., the Atrium Learning Center will supplement the existing lab schedule. For the fall 2021 semester, the ALC lab will be open from Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. College assistant tutors and federal work study students will be hired to check students into the lab, retrieve their print jobs, assist them with technology queries, and disinfect the lab.
PROTOCOLS FOR THE LAB
The Atrium Learning Center will follow approved protocols for the lab. They include the following:
- The Atrium Learning Center staff will use a reservation system created by CIS.
- Students will be required to use the app to book a reservation in the computer lab. They must indicate the day and time of their reservation and purpose of their visit. Students must also confirm they will use the Everbridge app prior to entering the building.
- Students will be permitted to use the lab if they need to complete an assignment, are having temporary internet or computer problems, or need help which cannot be solved remotely. All other students will be referred to the appropriate departments in the college such as Registrar, Financial Aid, Bursar, Student Help Desk, Counseling, etc.
- If students do not know how to use the Everbridge app, the ALC staff will email the instructions to them.
- Students and employees will be advised to stay home/leave work or the lab if they are symptomatic.
- Students and employees will be expected to follow the protocols of the college, which include using the Everbridge app and wearing a mask to be permitted on campus.
- Students will be required to wear masks while working in the lab. If they refuse to do so, campus security will be contacted about it.
- Students will be required to follow additional basic infection prevention measures while in the computer lab. Signs about washing hands, using hand sanitizer, covering coughs and sneezes, and avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouths will be posted in the lab.
- While in the lab, students may consult with the computer tutors if they have any questions on how to use the technology. Students and employees will be asked to maintain the required six feet of distance when interacting with one another. If they have questions about where to seek assistance for specific issues, the front desk staff will provide them with appropriate referrals. The same social distancing guidelines will apply. They must maintain six feet of space when talking to each other.
- The computer tutors (college assistant tutors) and front desk staff (federal work study students) will be supervised by the assistant director and director on a rotating basis. If there are any problems with the computers or internet, the lab staff may consult with the IT assistant who will be working on site on a daily basis.
- The front desk staff will wipe down each computer keyboard and mouse after each student leaves the computer lab. Disinfectant wipes and disposable gloves will be provided to the employees.
- The front desk staff will wipe down high touch areas such as the front desk, printers, and lab phone on a regular basis.
- All employees will be advised not to use other workers’ phones, desks, tables, keyboards, etc. while working in the center.
- In the event that a student or employee discloses that he/she has a confirmed COVID-19 case, the ALC director will contact the college’s environmental and safety officer and director of the Wellness Center for further guidance.
ISSUES TO BE ADDRESSED BY CAMPUS FACILITIES PRIOR TO REOPENING THE ALC LAB
- The ventilation, air exchanges, and filter requirements will be assessed to ensure they meet the requirements to reopen the ALC computer lab.
- An appropriate daily cleaning and disinfecting schedule of the ALC computer lab will be established prior to reopening. Hand sanitizer dispensers will be refilled daily as well.
- Signage to remind employees and students to wash their hands with soap and water, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% alcohol if soap and water are not available, cover coughs and sneezes, avoid touching their eyes, noses, and to socially distance, maintain 6 feet of distance, when interacting with others, will be posted in the center.
- Plexiglass will be installed at front desk of the computer lab for checking-in and printing.