- City Tech Reopening Plan
- Nursing Department Reopening Plans A and B
- Plans for iTEC and the V217 and G600 Student Labs
- Chemistry Department Re-Opening Plan
- Division of Continuing Education Re-Opening Plan
- Biological Sciences Department Re-Opening Plan
- Law & Paralegal Studies Department Re-Opening Plan
- Restorative Dentistry Department Re-Opening Plan
- Dental Hygiene Department Re-Opening Plan
- Humanities Department Re-Opening Plan
- Business Department/Vision Care Technology Re-Opening Plan
- Enrollment Management and Student Affairs Reopening Plan
- Reopening Learning Center
- Reopening Academic Building
- Reopening Library
- Reopening Hospitality Management Laboratories
- What to do before coming on Campus
Enrollment Management and Student Affairs Reopening Plan
Consistent with the official NYCCT Reopening Plan, the phased plans identified below are subject to approval. Sanitizing and health safety protocols and improvements necessary to mitigate the risks of COVID-19 spread will be followed, including adherence to Everbridge screening and social distancing. Per guidance from the Chancellor, and in compliance with all NYC, NYS and CUNY requirements, all EMSA divisional personnel will be scheduled to work 50% of the time on-campus to provide information, services, and resources to students. When staff is not scheduled to work on campus they will continue to work remotely. For the transition to a 50% work schedule, EMSA personnel will begin to comply with this mandate the week of August 2nd. Gradually staff will be assigned to work 50% of their working hours on-campus with all EMSA staff working 50% of their hours on campus by the end of September (except for those with College approved accommodations).
Phase 2 - Summer 2021
In response to student feedback and the student needs survey, EMSA will increase remote contact with students and improve response time for virtual assistance:
- EMSA personnel will be assigned to a Virtual Front Desk (VFD) to monitor emails and voice messages daily.
- The VFD will serve as triage center from which immediate referrals to EMSA Zoom office hours or in-person appointments will be made, as appropriate.
- Staff assigned to the VFD will respond to email and phone inquiries daily.
- Students will receive a response within 48 hours, even if it is “we will review (your application, your records, your situation, etc.) and get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, you might find some additional information on (cite location on website)” or, “please send a telephone contact number and the best time to reach you and we will make every effort to respond to your (inquiry, complaint, request) within the next 72 hours”.
- The Student Engagement Hub (SEH), located in N119 for appointment and limited in- person meetings with EMSA personnel will begin operations in mid-July 2021. The information desk located in the reception area of L-114 will be used as front desk/kiosk check- in for the SEH. Students will be seen only in these two spaces.
- Beginning Tuesday, July 13th through Wednesday July 28th the SEH will operate Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 9:30 am until 4:30 pm with 4-5 staff members assigned to the hub each day. From August 3rd through September 2nd the SEH will operate on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 9:30 am until 4:30 pm.
- The virtual student assistance kiosk located in L114 will also be launched on July 12, 2021. Students on campus will be able to communicate with the VFD and other offices through the kiosk and will be assisted by EMSA personnel in the Student Engagement Hub or in office locations, as appropriate.
- The offices of Admissions Services, Financial Aid, the Registrar, as well as the childcare center will be relocated from current spaces on the ground floor of the Namm building until the restoration of the air circulation and construction-related access projects are completed. At the time of this writing this is still TBD.
- The SEH will operate primarily as an appointment only operation; walk-ins who are unable to resolve their issues via the VFD or kiosk-mediated referrals to a Zoom meeting will be given appointments with the next available SEH representative.
- Please note that with the increased volume of EMSA personnel who will be working on campus beginning in July, and the mandate to continue social distancing on campus, personnel will not all be able to work in the SEH and will be returning to the workspaces they left when the campus was closed due to the pandemic: Namm 4th floor, N300 and N325, N104, NG08 and NG08A.
- Personnel assignments will be made by unit leadership, rotating staff with expert knowledge of, and ability to provide accurate and appropriate information and direct assistance to students.
- SEH front desk coverage will be assigned to additional EMSA staffers with generalist knowledge of, and ability to make virtual referrals to EMSA services. Front desk assignments will be made on a rotating basis for weekly assignments.
- Social distancing mandates will be observed in the set-up of the SEH as well as other workspaces; current requirements for three-foot distancing will be maintained until further notice.
Phase 3 Fall 2021; 50-60% of total occupancy
- The SEH’s in-person assistance and results-driven services provided by EMSA professional staff will be assessed and expanded as necessary to accommodate the increased numbers of students in on-campus classes. These students will first be triaged at the SEH front desk. If the front desk generalist staff are unable to resolve the student’s issue (s), then appointments will be made to meet with the appropriate EMSA expert.
- For students enrolled in remote classes, the VFD will continue to be the first point of contact. The model introduced in phase two will continue, with students referred to the in-person SEH as required.
The offices of Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, and the childcare center on the ground floor of Namm that do not have ventilation service will remain offline until further notice. Staff from those offices will be relocated to appropriate workspaces, if necessary.