- Admissions Testing
- Direct Admissions
- Tuition & Fees
- Financial Aid
- Dates & Deadlines
- Request Information
300 Jay Street
Namm Hall, Room NG-17
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Tuition Deposit Fee Waiver
The Trustees of The City University of New York require CUNY colleges to collect a $100 non-refundable deposit from each student entering the college. This deposit will be applied in full to your first semester tuition and fees bill. It must be paid, or a waiver requested before you will be able to register for your classes.
The tuition deposit may be waived if you:
- have been admitted to the SEEK program;
- are a veteran of the US Armed Forces returning to school after discharge;
- are reactivating your admission after deferring for a semester
- have applied online for financial aid using the Free Application for Student Assistance (FAFSA), and the first page of the completed form shows an Effective Family Contribution (EFC) of $3,000 or less.
In all of these cases, just bring the appropriate documentation with you to your registration appointment.
The deposit can also be waived in cases where it causes significant economic hardship. We have created an on-line form to make it easy to apply for this hardship waiver. To apply, follow these simple steps:
- Please be sure that your computer has a copy of Adobe Reader, version 6.0 or later. If it doesn’t, you can install the most recent version of Adobe Reader.
- Now, click on the Exemption button below.
- When the form opens, fill it out completely. You can tab from one field to another, or click into fields. Either way works fine. Be sure you have included an email address that you read regularly.
- When you have completed the form, pull down the FILE menu on your computer and SAVE the completed file. Be sure to give it a name you will recognize. This is your record that you have applied.
- Send an email to email@example.com . On the subject line put “waiver request.” Attach the file of the completed form that you saved in step 4 to your email.
- You will receive an email response within seconds indicating that your request has been received. You will receive the results of your request in no more than two business days.
- If you do not receive a response, or if you have any questions about the waiver process, please call 718-260-4999 during regular business hours.
If you are not eligible for an exemption and do not apply for a waiver, please be prepared to pay the $100 deposit, cash or money order, when you come to your registration appointment.