Business Department Menu


300 Jay Street
Room N-1012
Brooklyn, NY 11201

Phone: 718-260-5773

Fax: 718-260-5774

Campus Map & Directions

Student Resources

If you are a student in need of advisement or other information, please click the Calendar tab and/or attempt to contact one of your major professors via email and/or consult the advising schedule posted in N-1012. You can find your advisor by opening the Who is my advisor?.

Important Information

  • If there is a hold on your record, it must be cleared by the Registrar or the Bursar before your registration can be processed.
  • Students must use their official Citytech email for all college business. The Business Department cannot answer personal questions unless you use your Citytech email address. For access and more information on your student e-mail account click here.
  • If you visit ANY City Tech office and/or speak with any advisor or other person at City Tech, you MUST print out and complete a Student Routing Slip BEFORE you come to the Business Department for additional information. If you are requesting that we deal with your issue via email, we still require the Student Routing Slip. In this case, please scan/photograph the completed slip and send the image along with your email. We cannot process your requests without this completed slip. Similarly, if WE send you to another office and/or advisor or other person at City Tech, we will sign your completed Routing Slip so you will have it to show that office/person/etc. This is very important because we want to avoid giving conflicting information. The routing slip will also document every encounter you have with advisors and other people. This way, there will be less ambiguity about your requirements, schedules, etc.
  • International students need to have their transcripts evaluated, approved, and certified in coordination with the IS Peer Advisement program. The department can only help with Business Department-specific issues AFTER that process is complete. Please click here to be paired with an advisor. For further information, contact Vanessa Villanueva, International Student Advisor by phone at 718-260-5509 or sign-up via email at

Registration Information

All current students will be notified of their registration appointment (the time and date you can start registering for classes) by City Tech email and you can also find your enrollment start date by visiting your Student Center in CUNYfirst.


How to find your enrollment date within your Student Center?

How to enroll in classes on CUNYfirst?

How can I access my degree audit?

Schedule of Classes

Foreign Language Placement

  • Students planning to enroll in a foreign language course at City Tech for the first time take a placement test to measure their degree of proficiency. The Program offers three levels of language instruction in Arabic, Chinese and French. Spanish courses include four levels of language instruction, including two upper-level courses in Spanish literature.
  • For further instructions, please see the Humanities Department Permission for Foreign Language Classes form.

How to evaluate your transcript and see how your current credits will transfer within the CUNY system, including City Tech. (Previously known as TIPPS).

  • If you are unable to resolve your issue using this PDF guide, please check out these useful tools for transfer students. If you still have questions or issues, please contact Lourdes Smith, Director of the Transfer Center, located in NG-08, Telephone: 718-260-5508, Email: NOTE: The Business Department can ONLY assist you AFTER the Transfer Center has evaluated your transcripts and ONLY for Business Department courses.

Note: The Business Department can not help with general issues of transfer credits. You must use this system first. You can find a variety of useful tools here. Only AFTER, if there are any special issues relating to Business Department-specific courses, should you approach the Business Department for additional guidance. In this case, you will need to complete a Student Routing Slip BEFORE you come to the Business Department for additional information.

Additional Information and Contacts

For additional information not found in above documents, Marketing students should contact Prof. Dixon, who can be reached at Accounting students should contact Prof. Singh, who can be reached at Any questions regarding the Business and Technology of Fashion program should be directed to the Program Director, Prof. Adomaitis. She can be reached at .

Advisement Schedule:

Advisement Schedule For Accounting, Fashion Marketing & Marketing Management And Sales Majors

Advisors and Faculty:

Who is my advisor?

Faculty email addresses list

To learn more about continuing your education at The City University of New York (CUNY), look at CUNY'S online Transfer Information and Program Planning System (CUNY TIPPS) at the following website:

If you are unhappy with your TAP situation, you have to file this form: (Note that you do NOT give this form to the Business Department; you have to submit it as per the instructions on the form. Be sure to carefully read the instructions.)

If you are unhappy with your Federal Financial Aid situation and want to file an appeal, you have to file this form: (Note that you do NOT give this form to the Business Department, but have to submit it as per the instructions on the form. Be sure to carefully read the instructions)

For any other issues regarding financial aid, you must contact the Financial Aid Office directly, either in person or via email to Their hours and location, along with other information and forms, may be found here:

For questions about ID, please first visit the ID Information page here: If you still have questions, please contact our Department ID Coordinator, Prof. Denise Sutton, at

For questions regarding WI courses and credit, please visit this page If you still have questions, please contact our WI Coordinator, Prof. Nazanin Hedayat Munroe, at

Information about Degree Requirement, including GenEd and Pathways details may be found here: ALSO, please consult the College Catalog in effect during the year you first entered City Tech AND/OR your Department Advisor: [Note that for some college policies, only the most current catalog applies.]

For questions about the Fashion programs and Internships, please contact our Department Fashion Director, Prof. Alyssa Adomaitis, at [Note that the Business Department does NOT currently offer any Internships outside of the Fashion program.]

For questions about the Accounting and Marketing programs, please see one of the Department Advisors. Their contact information may be found here:

If you have already spoken with your instructor and with the Department Chair and still wish to file a Grade Appeal, you have to file this form: (Note that you do NOT give this form to the Business Department; submit it as per the instructions on the form. Be sure to carefully read the instructions - you may need a Adobe PDF Reader to open this form.)

Most issues related to Registration and Records should be addressed to the Registrar's Office. They have an extensive website here: Important Forms may be found here:

Depending on the nature of your complaint, there are a variety of offices and procedures to be aware of. You can get started here: More information about filing complaints is here:

Students may be dropped from a class and/or issued a WN if their instructor does not mark them 'present' during the first few class sessions. If this happens due to an error, the instructor should follow the instructions, Items (12), (13), and (14), indicated under the Faculty Resources tab on the Business Department webpage. For WN grade changes, the instructor should file appropriate forms and documents with the Business Department COA. WU and WF grades may be appealed by filing this form: with the City Tech Committee on Course and Standards, as indicated on the form. This form should NOT be sent to the Business Department.

The Business Department discourages impromptu visits to the dean's office. A visit to the dean is your right, but should only undertaken if you have exhausted the varying procedures listed on the Business Department webpage and/or if you have been officially referred to the dean by the Business Department. If you feel you require a meeting with the dean, please ask someone in the Business Department to complete a Student Routing Slip BEFORE you go there. You may find a blank form here: Of course, if you wish to complain to the dean about someone in the Business Department, you should go to the dean directly.

For questions concerning your bill and/or refunds, please go directly to the Bursar's Office. The Business Department is not involved in student-related financial transactions of any kind.

STUDY ABROAD information may be found here: [Note that students should make study abroad decisions only after discussion with a departmental advisor. Departmental advisors may be found here:]

E-PERMIT information may be found here:

Please visit the Office of Veterans Support Services (VSS) webpage at Information about VSS is also available by contacting Rob Timmins, VSS Coordinator, at OR by calling VSS directly at 718-260-4980.

Read this document.

Generally, you can apply for graduation online. Please look at this document for instructions. However, please note that City Tech offers both Associate and Baccalaureate degrees. As a result, students who are in a Bachelors degree program and want to apply for an Associates degree still need to apply in person at the Registrar's service window.

International students' issues are handled by the International Students Office in Namm Hall, Room NG-17. All questions relating to visas, F-1/J-1 status/rules/regulations, compliance, immigration policy updates, employment options, etc. should be directed to them. You can reach them here: OR by reaching out to the International Student Advisor, Vanessa Villanueva. You can reach her by phone at 718-260-5509 or via email at

City Tech is committed to supporting the educational goals of enrolled students with disabilities in the areas of enrollment, academic advisement, tutoring, assistive technologies, and testing accommodations. If you have or think you may have a disability, you may be eligible for reasonable accommodations or academic adjustments as provided under applicable federal, state, and/or city laws. You may also request services for temporary conditions or medical issues under certain circumstances.

If you have questions about your eligibility and/or would like to seek accommodation services and/or academic adjustments, please contact the Student Accessibility Center (SAC) at 300 Jay Street. Room L-237; telephone: 718-260-5143; WWW:

The City Tech Counseling Center can offer assistance with ANY problem or situation that is interfering with your success in college. This may include family or relationship problems, financial problems, and/or confusion over major requirements or college regulations, etc. Interested students should visit the Counseling Center here: (No Appointment Needed) Counselors are available on a walk-in basis during their office hours. Check the Counseling Center website for walk-in hours, email addresses, locations. You may also call the center (718-260-5030) to make an appointment. Additionally, you may be eligible for the City Tech Petrie Student Emergency Grant Program. This was created to assist students coping with an unexpected hardship, so that they are able to continue their education at City Tech. The goal is to make sure that students are not forced to leave school because of emergencies beyond their control that might otherwise make it impossible for them to continue. You can find an application and more information here:

Consistent with College policy, the Wellness Center maintains lactation rooms where breast milk can be expressed in private. For details on this and other issues related to health and wellness, please visit the Wellness Center: You may visit them in General Building 414 (G-414), contact them via phone: 718-260-5910, or email them at

Please visit the Atrium Learning Center in Room LG-18. You can find their hours and a list of offered services here:

Claiming your Liberal Arts (LA) credits can be a tricky process. Between WAC, ID, WI, EC, MQR, College Option, etc, there are many, sometimes overlapping, rules and distribution requirements. In addition, the list of courses that meets the LA requirement at City Tech is changing all the time. Also, the way Degree Audit (DA) counts them is not the same as the way they are counted for graduation and may not even be the same on different dates, as you may have experienced. A lot depends on your major, your catalog year, other classes you have/have not taken, etc. Rarely, a course counts as LA for one student, but not for another. The same course might count as meeting the CE criterion, AND the LA and Major requirements. However, even if it is used for BOTH CE and the Major requirements, it only counts as 3 credits, NOT the 6 credits that Degree Audit, in its current incarnation, implies. As requirements, majors, etc. evolve, which LA courses count for you may change as well. Beyond these, you must also consider Advanced LA and College Option requirements. It really depends on the individual student and the program he/she is enrolled in, and the year you became a City Tech student.

General information can be found here:

For questions regarding your specific Liberal Arts count and/or discrepancies between what your current Degree Audit (DA) says, what previous DA say, and what you think is true, follow this procedure:

  1. Login to CUNYfirst and obtain/print your current Transcript (TR) and your DA.
  2. Open the 2019 Approved LA Course List here:
  3. Check each class on your transcript against the approved list and circle those that you find. Note, you need not bother with courses beginning with ACC, BUF, BUS, or MKT as they are not eligible.
  4. Count the number of circles and multiply by 3. This is the number of LA course credits you may be able to claim. Note: some courses, e.g., MAT-1275 and BIO-1101, are 4 credit courses. If you take 3 of these, you will only need to take 19 liberal arts courses.


  1. If the number calculated in Step 4 agrees with what appears on your DA, then there is nothing more to do. You will need to take additional LA courses until your minimum is met.
  2. If this number is greater than what appears on the DA, then send a detailed explanation, along with scans of both documents, to Yelena Kirsanova in the Registrar’s Office. You can reach Registrar Kirsanova here:
  3. If all of the above fails to resolve the situation, you will need to make an appointment to see the department GenEd/Pathways specialist, Dr. Denise Sutton, for further guidance. You can contact Dr. Sutton here:
    Note: you will not be able to meet with Dr. Sutton unless all of the previous steps (1-4) have been carried out first.

Please be sure to attach clear copies of all your documentation to your emails.

Note: If you are a transfer student, then sometimes LA course taken at another institution are transferred into categories that City Tech does not designate as LA. For example, a Psychology course that is not offered here may be transferred as ELEC-1000 since there is no directly equivalent course. ELEC-1000 masks the underlying status, and so it may not be added to the count. We can fix this: if you feel you have non-credited LA courses from your prior institution, you should see your academic advisor.

Please let your academic advisor know how it works out.

Errors & Omissions Disclaimer: We have endeavored to supply you with accurate information. However, the regulations, policies, and rules of The City University of New York (CUNY) and the New York City College of Technology (NYCCT) are complex and evolving. Therefore, the contents of this webpage are provided for informational purposes only. The information/links/forms/etc. presented here may change without notice. Thus, all are advised to double-check everything, and consult the College Catalog and/or other official CUNY/NYCCT sources of information.