Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP)
ASAP is designed to help motivated students earn their Associate degree as quickly as possible, with a goal of graduating at least 50% of students within three years or less. ASAP at New York City College of Technology (City Tech) emphasizes enriched academic, financial and personal supports including comprehensive and personalized advisement, career counseling, tutoring, tuition waivers, MTA MetroCards and additional financial assistance to defray the cost of textbooks. Students enrolled in a program that awards an associate degree followed by a baccalaureate degree (2+2) are eligible for ASAP.*
- A free monthly MetroCard
- A voucher to reduce (or eliminate) the cost of textbooks
- A tuition waiver for any gap between tuition and your financial aid award (for students in receipt of financial aid)
- A dedicated ASAP advisor to guide your progress from entry to graduation
- Special registration options that help you get the classes you need that also fit your schedule
- Opportunities to take classes with fellow ASAP students to foster community and build your network
- Enhanced career development and academic support services
*Students may participate in ASAP until earning their associate degree or up to three years, whichever comes first.
Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP) is supported by the City and State of New York.