How to Apply?
For the following STEM degrees, to be accepted into ASAP, students must be proficient in writing and math. Students who are not proficient in writing and math must take and pass it during summer/winter session before enrolling in ASAP.
For the following degrees, to be accepted into ASAP, students must be proficient in math and have an English placement of 092W or higher.
Civil Engineering Technology
Construction Management Technology (Construction Management)
Electromechanical Engineering Technology (Computer Engineering Technology)
Electrical Engineering Technology (Electrical Technology)
* Environmental Control Technology (Facilities Management)
Health Science (Health Science)
*students in this major can take either MAT 1190CO OR MAT 1275CO
For the following degrees, to be accepted into ASAP, students must be proficient in writing, and have a mathematics placement of MAT 1190CO or higher.
For the following degrees, to be accepted into ASAP, students must have an English placement of ENG 092W or higher, and a mathematics placement of MAT 1190CO or higher.
You may be eligible for ASAP if you answer YES to the following questions:
- Have you applied and been accepted to City Tech?
- Are you a New York City resident and/or eligible for in-state tuition (as per the CUNY tuition and fees manual)?
- Have you completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov and the New York State Tuition Assistance Program application at www.hesc.ny.gov?
You will be required to accept all federal and state grants you are deemed eligible for (i.e. Pell, TAP, SEOG). (Students not in receipt of financial aid due to immigration status may join ASAP but may not receive a tuition waiver).
- Do you agree to enter into a full-time associate degree program — defined as a minimum of 12 credits per semester — in an ASAP-approved major?
- If you are a continuing or transfer student, do you have 18 college credits or fewer and a minimum GPA of 2.0?
Students may choose either ASAP or Search for Education, Elevation, and Knowledge (SEEK), but not both. If you are eligible for both programs, please explore your options carefully before making a final decision on which one is best for you.
How Do I Apply to ASAP?
Follow these six easy steps to get started:
- Apply to City Tech at www.cuny.edu/admissions.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov and the New York State Tuition Assistance Program application at www.hesc.ny.gov as well as accept all federal and state grants (i.e. Pell, TAP, SEOG).
- Get accepted to City Tech — CONGRATULATIONS! —and accept your offer of admission.
- Complete all admissions requirements.
- Complete ASAP Interest Form and/or reach out to the ASAP office to see if you are eligible at 718-254-8622 or email@example.com.