As an ASAP student, you will receive a variety of supports to help you succeed:
- A free monthly MetroCard
- Textbook assistance to reduce (or eliminate) the cost of textbooks
- A tuition waiver for any gap between tuition and your financial aid award (for students in receipt of financial aid)
- A dedicated ASAP advisor to guide your progress from entry to graduation
- Special registration options that help you get the classes you need that also fit your schedule
- Opportunities to take classes with fellow ASAP students to foster community and build your network
- Enhanced career development and academic support services
As an ASAP student, you will have the experience of attending a small college while making use of the benefits that come with being part of the nation’s largest urban university system.
Beginning with a summer orientation to ensure you're prepared for the challenges of college work, ASAP aims to remove many of the obstacles that often stand in the way of completing your degree. City Tech and ASAP faculty and staff will be with you every step of the way.
It takes investment to succeed, and ASAP will invest in you! ASAP relieves students of some of the pressures of having to pay for college. All ASAP students will be provided with a textbook voucher to reduce or eliminate the cost of textbooks. Students who are eligible for federal and/or state financial aid will receive a tuition wavier to pay the balance of tuition and school fees. (See the Financial Aid web site for help for information about applying for financial aid.)
Imagine studying in a small, connected group of students who share your interests and drive. As an ASAP student, you will become a member of a cohort along with other students who share the same aspirations of completing their degree quickly. You will attend the summer institute orientation and in your first year take some of your classes with this close-knit group, and your classes will be taught by City Tech faculty who know you as an individual and are committed to helping you achieve your full potential.
Students participating in ASAP will be expected to enroll full time every semester and to follow a modified block schedule for their first two semesters at the college. The schedule will consist of 2-3 blocked classes and 2-3 courses in the major. Students enrolled in any remedial course(s), must continuously take class until they pass, including the winter and summer semester. Students enrolled in STEM programs with high initial math requirements must continuously take mathematics classes as directed until program minimum requirements are met.
- As an ASAP student, you will get the mentoring and guidance you need to succeed.
- Throughout the academic year, tutoring is readily available to give you an added academic boost outside the classroom.
- An experienced, full-time advisor will follow your progress, guide you to make wise decisions about your future, connect you to services, and help you choose the right bachelor’s degree.
- If choosing to pursue further study after completing an associate degree, your advisor will help you transfer smoothly to the baccalaureate program best suited for you.
In addition to guiding your academic path, the ASAP Career and Employment Specialist will help you explore your career and coach you in finding employment while you are in school and when you graduate.